The platform is administered and its major tasks carried out by a Secretariat, overseen by the Steering Committee. The day-to-day activities of the platform will be managed by the Secretariat, which will:
- house and maintain the on-line database and web-interface platform,
- maintain communication channels and coordinate all meetings of the Steering Committee, Annual Forum, and Working Groups,
- prepare annual funding plans,
- maintain platform outreach activities, and
- stay connected to other LEDS regional platforms and the LEDS Global Partnership.
USAID is providing initial funding for platform formation and for the Secretariat’s first year operating costs. The Regional Environmental Center, an International Organization with offices around the region, currently houses the Secretariat.